Once a quote request is made, we aim to respond:
- When in person: immediately with a fully detail written quotation including all services and options that may have been discussed.
- When by phone: immediately verbally and by confirmation email with a fully detailed written quotation including all services and options that may have been discussed. The email will also have a number of supporting documents and pictures that we feel may assist with your project.
- When by email/website: ASAP by email with a fully detailed written quotation including all services and options that may have been requested. The email will also have a number of supporting documents and pictures that we feel may assist with your project.
Once a quotation has been accepted, a Summary of Works is prepared. That document will detail:
- A full description of the building including its size, all of its features and their positions, and any instructions that have been specifically requested for the project.
- A schedule of payments required including the deposit, the payment stages and payment methods available.
- An Elevation & Plan drawing fully detailing the building.
- A slab drawing with all details required for the concreter.
- A site photo with showing the proposed new building's position.
The contract will either be given to the customer in person or sent by email. If sent by email, it will be accompanied by instructions asking for it to be signed and returned with the deposit.
The permit application process can be a long drawn our affair depending on the number and type of permits required. The expected time frame for some of the more common permit applications is as follows:
- Building permit
- 2 weeks (once all requirements are submitted)
Other requirements include:
- Owner Builders Registration
- 3-4 weeks
- Build Over Easement
- 9-10 weeks
- Council Consent
- 6-8 weeks
- Town Planning
- 12-16 weeks (very dependent on the council and the issues)
During the permit process, we:
- contact you when there is a need to know further information
- contact you by email or phone at the approval of each stage eg: Town planning approval, Build Over Easement (sewer) approval.
- send to you by email or post, copies of the stage approval.
- We do not give general updates unless a stage has been reached or a request for further information is required. However, you are welcome to contact us at any stage if you would like to touch base and get an update.
Once the permit is complete, we:
- take a copy of the building permit, stamped plans, all authority approvals.
- Send you the original copy of the building permit, stamped plans, all authority approvals.
Once the building permit is approved, a Concreters Brief is prepared and sent to the concreter. He will call you and organize an onsite inspection at which time he will check a number of things:
- that the site is level with 50-75mm. If is not he will discuss the need for and cost of extra crushed rock and possibly concrete. The maximum allowable fall is 600mm before a slab must be designed by an engineer.
- that there is access for a 6Mt3 concrete truck to get beside the slab and pour directly into the boxed up area. If there is insufficient access, he will discuss the need for and cost of wheel barrowing the concrete or possibly using a concrete line pump.
- In country areas, the concreter will also look at the local cost of concrete. In the city areas, we base concrete supply on $180 + GST. Supply in country areas is often extra and often varies from $225 – 350 + GST /Mt3
- Any extra works. The concreters will happily quote for additional works which may include site preparation works (bobcat/excavator), concreter removal, driveways, paths, tank stands etc.
Once the concreters visit is complete, you should have all unknowns in your project agreed upon and locked down. At the end of the visit, he will consider all of your requirements and agree with you on a time for preparation and pouring of the slab.
The concreter will organize the Pre Slab Inspection required by the Building Surveyor. He will also cut the expansion joints within 48 hrs of the pour.
You will be given his contact details, so that you may contact him at any time if required.
An email will be sent to the email address you have supplied on your order or you will be contacted by phone if you don't have email. The email will detail the proposed day of delivery. To confirm a more exact time of delivery you should contact the office. Generally AM or PM time slots are available. Your Tax Invoice detailing any payments required prior to pickup will be attached to that email. If no email, it will be posted to you.
Once the building permit is approved, a Builders Brief is prepared and sent to the proposed building contractor. He will call you after the concrete has been laid and the delivery has occurred to arrange access. It is important to meet the building contractor at the start of his first day. At that time he will check the project details with you and ensure that the position doors, windows , skylights and downpipes is still as per the contract. He will check the site for safety hazards and ask if you have any special instructions.
If the site is a Commercial site, he will provide Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) documents and attend induction meetings as required. Costs for this should already be included in your installation agreement. It will be charged for separately if not already discussed.
Once you have completed the connection of your downpipes to the storm water (legal point of discharge), you must call the building surveyor and request a final inspection. The phone contact details arte on your building permit. Should you have any difficulty, please call our office and we will organize it for you. Once the final inspection has been completed you will receive a Certificate of Final Inspection.
At that point your project is complete.